This position may be full time or part-time. The Addiction Counselor provides ongoing care to clients in an outpatient opiate/substance abuse treatment program (including IOP, OP, OTP, and DWI). This clinic functions collaboratively with outpatient mental health and primary care for truly wraparound treatment. We are looking for team members who are open to innovative thinking, novel approaches to treatment, and making real change in our patients’ lives. Must have addiction counseling certification in good standing, or an appropriate license.
- Maintain a caseload of at least 50 clients.
- Ensure incoming clients have a complete psychosocial history and comprehensive assessment upon admission.
- Complete a Preliminary Treatment Plan within 10 days of admission and a Treatment Plan Update every 90.
- Prepare an aftercare plan for all patients completing the program or being discharged for other reasons.
- Provide individual addiction counseling according to the Treatment Plan. Meet regularly with clients to follow up on progress towards goals.
- Provide coordination of care between other programs and providers, both internal and external.
- Work closely with the team to communicate about multi-modality care.
- Lead educational and support groups for clients.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Certification in Addiction Counseling (CACAD) or trainee status from Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists.
- An Associate’s or Bachelors Degree in Chemical Dependency or similar.
- Positive attitude and open approach to patients, staff and visitors.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Strong knowledge of addiction, treatment, and recovery.
- Experience and ability to work in an Electronic Health Record is mandatory.
Salary starts at $17/hr
We will review your resume and respond to you within the next few business days. Thank you for your interest in joining the Concerted Care Group!
Concerted Care Group Baltimore, LLC is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and is committed to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran’s status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws. Concerted Care Group, LLC offers competitive salaries and professional, rewarding work environment.