CCG is known for innovative programming in the realm of behavioral healthcare and addiction treatment. Our latest program is in the developmental stages and is in need of the right individual to help bring our exciting vision to fruition. We know addiction afflicts persons from all types of different backgrounds, and yet, the stigma still remains that addiction is an illness of the poor in inner cities. To dispel this, we are bringing individuals in recovery from a wider range of backgrounds together to share their similarities and differences of experience and perspective. Recovery occurs when an individual can reclaim their identity as a whole person who has something to give, and this program affords them that chance.
The Counselor / Manager will help us shape the nuances of this program while specifically providing intensive outpatient addiction (IOP) group treatment and individual counseling to participants at our Baltimore City location.
This position requires a thorough understanding of medication maintenance treatment and the recovery model. A working knowledge of dual diagnosis is essential as is the ability to work with a wide variety of individuals. The counselor / manager is responsible for ensuring clinical and administrative services are provided for patients and coordination occurs with their families and other providers. The right candidate must be able to work independently and serve as a working role model for other staff as well as the patient population.
Principle Responsibilities and Tasks
- Able to take on a leadership and spokesperson role.
- Complies with State/Federal or Certification/Licensure training and program requirements for IOP services.
- Maintains a service oriented customer service presentation
- Employee is expected to perform all duties within a 40-hour week.
- Maintains a caseload as assigned.
- Assures all incoming clients have all appropriate documentation and contact within appropriate timeframes – to include:
- psychosocial history and comprehensive assessment
- interpretative summary
- treatment plan and treatment plan reviews
- transition plans, discharge plans, and aftercare plans as appropriate
- Provide backup coverage for additional staff on the team
- Ensure outreach occurs for clients who miss care.
- Ensures clients are meeting with counselors as scheduled.
- Provide individual, family, and group addiction counseling according to the Comprehensive Treatment Plan.
- Provide coordination of care of Health Home services according to the Treatment Plan.
- Employee is expected to maintain patient accounts with accuracy.
- Assists Clinical Program Administrator in achieving programmatic outcomes with duties as assigned which will include:
- chart reviews
- staff training
- report compilation and follow up with areas of need identified
- outreach efforts
- Attends events and represent CCG for educational and outreach activities.
- Completes all documentation of all services in a timely fashion
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
- Graduation from an accredited college or university.
- Must possess and maintain Licensure or Certification from State of Maryland Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists
- Preferred: Certification from IC & RC preferred at a minimum of CAC-AD and approved Supervisory Letter.
- A minimum of three years of direct clinical experience is required and one year working directly with chemical dependency.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Job Type: Full-timeTO APPLY SUBMIT YOUR RESUME HERE
We will review your resume and respond to you within the next few business days. Thank you for your interest in joining the Concerted Care Group!
Concerted Care Group Baltimore, LLC is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and is committed to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran’s status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws. Concerted Care Group, LLC offers competitive salaries and professional, rewarding work environment.