Concerted Care Group, LLC is looking for an innovative, committed and highly skilled Lead Addiction Counselor to grow our integrated health organization. As part of CCG’s commitment to support our employee’s success, in addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we also offer private parking, company provided PPE, private office space, flexible and remote work options at our clean and modern clinics.
Concerted Care Group, LLC offers the most effective treatment of addiction available – including addiction to heroin, morphine, codeine, oxycodone, prescription painkillers, and other opiates. We’ve been around for 5 years and we are just getting started. Our outpatient clinic is conveniently located in the communities that we serve.
We treat the whole person, not just the chemical dependency of addiction.
The Lead Addiction Counselor position requires a thorough understanding of methadone maintenance treatment and the clinic’s philosophy of treatment, admission process, and eligibility criteria. A working knowledge of substance abuse and dual diagnosis is essential. The individual is responsible for ensuring clinical and administrative services are provided for patients and their families. Must be able to work independently. This is a working supervisor’s position requiring the individual to serve as a working role model for other counselors. The lead counselor may carry a caseload and may provide supervision, as defined by COMAR, to counselors with trainee status.
Principle responsibilities and tasks of the Lead Addiction Counselor
- Complies with State/Federal or Certification/Licensure training and program requirements.
- Maintains a cooperative and positive attitude and approach to patients, staff and visitors.
- Employee is expected to perform all duties within a 40-hour week.
- Maintains a caseload as assigned.
- Assures all incoming clients have all appropriate documentation and contact within appropriate timeframes – to include:
- psychosocial history and comprehensive assessment
- interpretative summary
- treatment plan and treatment plan reviews
- transition plans, discharge plans, and aftercare plans as appropriate
- Provide backup coverage to the Clinical Supervisor.
- Ensure outreach occurs for clients who miss more than a few days of care in a row.
- Ensures clients are meeting with counselors at least monthly
- Provide individual, family, and group addiction counseling according to the Comprehensive Treatment Plan.
- Provide coordination of care of Health Home services according to the Treatment Plan.
- Employee is expected to maintain patient accounts with 100% accuracy.
- Assists Clinical Program Administrator in achieving programmatic outcomes with duties as assigned which will include:
- chart reviews
- staff training
- report compilation and follow up with areas of need identified
- outreach efforts
- Will attend events and represent CCG for educational and outreach activities.
- Completes all documentation of all services in a timely fashion
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements of the Lead Addiction Counselor
- Graduation from an accredited college or university. Must possess and maintain Licensure or Certification from State of Maryland Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists
- Preferred: Certification from IC & RC preferred at a minimum of CAC-AD and approved Supervisory Letter. May not supervise trainees without a supervisory letter in place.
- A minimum of three years of direct clinical experience is required and one year working directly with chemical dependency.
Concerted Care Group Baltimore, LLC is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and is committed to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran’s status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws. Concerted Care Group, LLC offers competitive salaries and professional, rewarding work environment.