Concerted Care Group, LLC is looking for an innovative, committed and highly skilled Nurse Practitioner to grow our integrated health organization. As part of CCG’s commitment to support our employee’s success, in addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we also offer private parking, company provided PPE, private office space, flexible and remote work options at our clean and modern clinics.
Concerted Care Group, LLC offers the most effective treatment of addiction available – including addiction to heroin, morphine, codeine, oxycodone, prescription painkillers, and other opiates. We’ve been around for 5 years and we are just getting started. Our outpatient clinic is conveniently located in the communities that we serve.
We treat the whole person, not just the chemical dependency of addiction.
Under general supervision, responsible for diagnosing and treating patients in collaboration with physician colleagues. Provide continuity of patient care by facilitating and coordinating communication between the health care team, patient and patient’s family. Coordinate care to ensure quality, cost effective care; appropriate length of stay; and patient safety. Serves as a link integrating relevant research and best practices.
Principle Responsibilities and Tasks of the Nurse Practitioner
The following statements are designed to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the provider assigned to this classification. This description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job responsibilities performed by this individual.
- Clinical Responsibilities
- In collaboration with the primary care physician, provides day to day organizational and clinical direction and leadership of the healthcare provider team.
- Performs comprehensive history and physical assessment for patients admitted/scheduled to service/practice setting.
- Orders, obtains, and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests.
- Establishes medical diagnoses based on history, assessment, and diagnostic findings.
- Designs, orders and documents appropriate treatment plans/plans of care including prescriptions of medications based on a comprehensive review of health information and diagnostic results.
- Initiates protocols/clinical pathways and evaluates the plan of care ensuring timely intervention.
- Performs invasive procedures.
- Collaborates with primary care providers regarding admission, discharge, and transfer decisions.
- Presents patients in the caseload in rounds.
- Communicates plan of care with appropriate providers including the collaborative physician, the primary care provider, the referring provider, the nursing staff, and the case manager.
- Communicates plan of care with the patients and family members. Provides patient and family instruction related to the plan of care, disease process, new treatment plans, and medication regimens.
- Counsels and educates patients and family members in disease process, health maintenance and health promotion activities. Provides primary, secondary, and tertiary preventive care services.
- Initiates appropriate referrals and specialty consultations or other agency involvement as needed.
- Facilitates patient flow. Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team including case management ensuring appropriate and timely discharge.
- Provides specialty consultation.
- Advocates for patients ensuring patient/family participation in care, knowledge of treatment options, and understanding of patient rights.
- Considers the holistic needs of patients and orchestrates resources (i.e. pain service, palliative care)
- Performs other activities as needed.
- Education Responsibilities
- Provides formal and informal educational programs for other members of the health care team consistent with evidence-based practice standards.
- Participates in mentoring activities. Precepts interns.
- Promotes understanding of disease processes in area of specialty/program.
- Functions as a clinical resource for other team members including but not limited to interns, residents, fellows, nurses, and medical students.
- Provides community education, health promotion, and outreach.
- Acts as a community health resource.
- Clinical Leadership/Outcomes
- Is responsible for coordinating adequate nurse practitioner coverage on their service. Works with the physician and nurse practitioner staff to assure this coverage.
- Works with primary care providers to achieve service specific outcome targets for key metrics including clinical outcomes, level of service, cost of care and patient satisfaction.
- Participates in performance improvement activities aimed at improving clinical outcomes and minimizing variation.
- In collaboration with physician leadership and the entire leadership team, develops clinical pathways.
- Participates in and leads quality assurance activities (i.e., chart reviews, peer review) and establishes standard of practice.
- Advances the patient care delivery process through the application of research, evidence-based practice standards, and industry best practices.
- Advises and influences CCG policies and procedures to improve the delivery of care.
- Introduces and evaluates new patient care delivery systems, models of care and therapeutic and preventive interventions that target patient needs not met by current care delivery strategies.
- Actively participates and contributes to various department and division meetings and organizational initiatives.
- Maintains compliance and regulatory documentation for administrative purposes and reimbursement for services.
- Participates in accreditation readiness.
- Supervises ancillary staff including completing annual reviews.
- Customer Service
- Models and upholds a customer service focus to all internal and external customers.
- Demonstrates respect for all people in the work environment.
- Ensures confidentiality of patient information.
- Professional Development and Organizational Leadership
- Maintains professional licensure, certification, and collaborative agreement as required
- Participates in educational opportunities (i.e. journal clubs, grand rounds, etc.).
- Participates in and presents at local, regional, and national professional organizations.
- Pursues educational opportunities for professional growth (i.e. CEUs, update conferences).
- Promotes the organization to all customers. Acts as a loyal and supportive informed spokesperson for CCG.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master of Science Degree with completion of a primary care Nurse Practitioner or Physicians Assistant program. Registered and currently recorded with the appropriate board: either the Maryland Board of Examiners of Nurses or the Board of Physicians Assistants and Certified as a Nurse Practitioner or Physicians Assistant in the State of Maryland. Certified in area of specialty. (Copy of written agreement with physician signed by the physician and nurse practitioner and written approval by the Joint Committee for Nurse Practitioners pursuant to COMAR 10.27.07.06A.)
- DEA and CDS eligible
- CPR required
- ACLS/BCLS as required
- A minimum of one (1) year experience as a licensed professional caring directly for patients is required.
- Demonstrated ability to promote professionalism through involvement in professional organizations, teaching, research, publishing, and/or certification in area of specialty.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the patient population(s) served. Ability to demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s requirements relative to his or her population-specific and age specific needs.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills are required to interact with patient families, departmental units, medical and nursing staff on all essential matters. Demonstrated/documented effective interpersonal skills.
- Maintains updated safety and other mandatory training.
- Updated immunizations.
Concerted Care Group Baltimore, LLC is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and is committed to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran’s status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws. Concerted Care Group, LLC offers competitive salaries and professional, rewarding work environment.