Substance abuse is a mental disorder and the number one health problem in the US. Approximately 6% are addicted to illegal drugs and 12% abuse alcohol. *** Substances include alcohol, sedatives, amphetamines, cannabis, cocaine, hallucinogens, inhalants, opioids, and prescription drugs.
The consistent, daily use of these drugs results in millions of substance abusers experiencing mental health issues. This large population requires mental health therapists who understand their addictions and are willing to counsel them during the recovery and rehabilitation process. (Substance abuse is defined as the categories classified in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual IV (DSM-IV) (American Psychiatric Association, 1994) as Substance-Related Disorders and Substance-Induced Disorders.)
The demand for mental health therapists to treat them is critical. Concerted Care Group, LLC is looking for innovative, committed and highly skilled Mental Health Therapists to grow our integrated health organization. As part of CCG’s commitment to supporting our employee’s success, in addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we also offer private parking, company-provided PPE, private office space, flexible and remote work options at our clean and modern clinics.
Concerted Care Group, LLC offers the most effective treatment of addiction available – including addiction to heroin, morphine, codeine, oxycodone, prescription painkillers, and other opiates. We’ve been around since 2015 and we are just getting started. Our outpatient clinic is conveniently located in the communities that we serve.
We treat the whole person, not just the chemical dependency of addiction.
The ideal candidate will provide assessment and behavioral health treatment to adults in an outpatient setting with an emphasis on individual and group psychotherapy.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
Provide high quality clinical therapeutic services to adults with identified mental health or (and) substance abuse diagnoses
- Ensure services are provided with client-centered and family-centered healing approach and. is delivered through goal-specific interventions.
- Conduct initial interviews and provide a written assessment.
- Regularly assess treatment progress with the client, and/or the clinical treatment team.
- Provide the appropriate documentation for service delivery including treatment goals, progress notes, and billing, and submit said documentation as specified by Medicaid, Medicare, and CARF standards.
- Ensure compliance with governing agency and reporting requirements
- Maintain the clinical records and compile documentation required by CCG and governing agencies.
- Participate in staff meetings, program clinical team meetings, therapy clinical supervision sessions, and in-service as required. Understand and support the CCG philosophy and treatment modalities.
- Ensure confidentiality regarding client records, treatment, and client information.
- Exhibit clear, professional, respectful, and effective communication when interfacing with clients, coworkers, families, and external contacts
- Ability to work independently and implementing time management and productivity strategies
- Exhibit a high degree of ethical conduct, integrity, and confidentiality.
- Stay current with updated research and best practices.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A Masters degree in social work, psychology, or clinically related field required.
- Any of the following licenses are required: LGSW, LCSW, LMSW, LCPC, LGPC
- Active and in good standing in the state of Maryland.
- Must be experienced and proficient in using an electronic health record system.
The Concerted Care Group is a great place to work. You can achieve your personal and professional goals while helping others overcome their addictions. Plus, have a steady income and be able to work in different locations.
If you are interested in applying for this career opportunity, please complete the application at our Concerted Care Group website.
*** For more information on substance abuse, visit the NCDAS website.